Friday, July 31, 2009

Could Have Used Some Of These In College

From NBC:
"In what might embarrass less adventurous souls, astronaut Koichi Wakata is returning to Earth with the underwear he kept on for a solid month during his space station stay and scientists will check them out.

They’re experimental high-tech undies, designed in Japan to be odor free.

...Wakata has been off the planet for 4 1/2 months.

“I haven’t talked about this underwear to my crew members,” Wakata said in an interview with The Associated Press, drawing a big laugh from his six shuttle colleagues. “But I wore them for about a month, and my station crew members never complained for about a month, so I think the experiment went fine.”

The underwear, called J-Wear, is a new type of anti-bacterial, water-absorbent, odor-eliminating clothing designed for space missions. “We’ll see the results after landing,” Wakata said...."

No comments: