Monday, August 16, 2010

Spots V Stripes



I really like the Cadbury ads - the one a couple years ago with the two kids was priceless so when I saw this on YouTube I was all prepared for something really good. Take a look, I'll wait. (audio isn't required but it does add to the video)

OK, do you have any idea what is going on here?? I know that Cadbury's is an English company and that I am probably not the target market, but it was only after I clicked on the link at the end of the video that I understood.

It seems that Cadbury's has just been named the Official Treat Provider* of the 2012 Olympic Games being held in London. And this is part of the ad campaign they are using in the lead up to the games. I think the video is very well done and I liked it better the second time around. But I'm not sure it works unless you #1 know that its by Cadbury and #2 know that they are now an Olympic sponsor. Like I said, I'm probably not the target market.


*I think Official Telephone Sanitizers is next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT! I went to the link, remembered seeing it - now I want to know how the fish was done! - MOM