Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wandering through dreamland

These acrylics by Katherine Lewis are absolutely beautiful. I saw them at the Mosswood Market Cafe in downtown Boonville CA where they made walking into this little coffee shop / lunch room feel like stepping into a dream.

Had I known that they wouldn't be gracing the walls the next time I was there, I would have bought one (the horses below) and left clothing behind in order to get it back on the plane with me.

The two pieces above are acrylic on canvas but she also does them on wood. I like how the wood grain and the breaks in the planks show through on these two, primitive while still feeling light and airy.

See more at her site: Katherine Lewis Art

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love these!!!! thanks for sharing! actually, i have enjoyed all of these posts! I need to browse here more often. :)

Laura White said...

Glad you liked them - they really are spectacular in person.